Maharaja Sayajirao University – Delhi
Banaras Hindu University – Varanasi
Aligarh Muslim University – Aligarh
Jivaji University – Gwalior
Maharaja Sayajirao University- Delhi(Wrong)
Correct: Maharaja Sayajirao University-Vadodara.
It is a public university in the city of Vadodara.
It was founded in the year 1949.
It was later renamed after its benefactor Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III, the former ruler of Baroda State belonging to the royal Gaekwad dynasty of the Marathas
1. Archives and libraries are storehouses of knowledge and information.
2. Archives are supposed to be very reliable because they are official records.
3.Before information or book is published, it has to be cross-checked by libraries. It has to check the book information source, preservation of information, a collection of data and finally book are published.
4. Most of the work is done through computers.
5. The first official archive of India, The ‘Imperial Record Department’, was established in 1891 C.E. in Kolkata
1. The statement mentions the requirement of trained people in handling conservation and preservation.
2. Every level from collecting the sources of History, arranging the records, Indexes, etc. needs to have the required knowledge of the work involved so as to make it easier and reduce the chances of errors.
3. A person with no knowledge on a book to be preserved may never understand the importance of a torn page and might throw it away.
Sthalakosh gives essential geographic information about Historical places.
It also gives details about Maharashtra in those days time, place and major events of the time.
Prachin Bharatiya Sthalakosh was composed by Siddheshwar Chitrav in 1969.
It gives information about places mentioned in Vedic literature, Kautiliya Arthashastra..etc.
Vishwakosh was initiated by first Chief Minister Shri Yashwantrao Chavan through Maharashtra Rajya Sahitya Samskruti Mandal to enhance the sphere of Marathi language and literature.
It contains knowledge about all possible subjects in the world
It contains encyclopedic texts explaining the terminology of history.
It is very useful for Teachers of history in schools, colleges, and university.
In this book,, we come to know about every subject developmental history.
Saraswati Mahal Granthalay is in Thanjavur, Tamilnadu. It was built by Nayak dynasty during the 16-17th century.
Sarfojiraje Bhosale contributed the most in its expansion.
In 1918 the library was renamed as ‘The Thanjavur Maharaja Sarfoji’s ‘as Saraswati Mahal Library in his honour
Libraries are the most important treasure of the nation.
Library science is very closely related to Management Science, Information Technology and the field of Education.
Libraries perform various tasks like collecting books, arranging them in a systematic order, preservation of books.
Making books available for readers the most important aspect of library management.
As most of the works are done on computers, Information Technology has become an inevitable part of the management of libraries.
Through libraries, the information keeps on flowing from one generation to another. It is very important for a nation to develop and also to know its past achievements.
The important aspects in Archive management are preserving documents in original condition.
Preparing indexes and creating accurate systems of retrieval of documents.
Documents of archives are most reliable as they are official records.
The first official archive of India the “Imperial Record Department”, was established in 1891 C.E