17 Jan 2021 9:39 am
Q8.Glance through the text and prepare notes from the information that you get. Take only relevant points. Don’t use sentences. Arrange the points in the same order. You may use symbols or short forms. Present the points sequentially. Use highlighting techniques.
Air Force Marshal Arjan Singh-Icon of India’s
Captain – took over as AOC of an operational command
• took over reins of the IAF
• ambassador to Switzerland: Lieutenant Governor of Delhi
• selected for the Empire Pilot Training Course at
RAF (Cranwell) in 1938, at age 19
• promoted to rank of Squadron Leader in 1944
• led a fly-past over the Red Fort on August 15, 1947 promoted to rank of Wing Commander: promoted to rank of Air Commodore in 1949
• longest tenure as AOC 19491952 and 1957.
• appointed as Deputy Chief of Air Staff at the end of the 1962 war: appointed as Vice Chief of Air Staff in 1963
• rank of Air Marshal in August 1964; took over reins of IAF
• successfully led the IAF in 1965 Indo-Pak war
• promoted as Air Vice Marshal; appointed as
AOC-in-C of an operational command
• first Air Chief to keep his flying currency till his CAS rank: has flown more than 60 different types of aircraft
• first and only Air Chief Marshal of the IAF
Distinguished Flying Cross (1944) Padma Vibhushan
Ambassador to Switzerland; Lieutenant Governor of Delhi9.