23 Oct 2020 7:13 pm
1. Both Brazil and India have ___________ type of government.
a. Military b. Communist c. Republic d. Presidential
2. Brazil is covered mainly by _________
a. Highlands b. Plains c. Mountainous region d. Dissected hills.
3. Dispersed settlements in India are found near ____________
a.Near the rivers b. Near the transport routes c. Hilly areas d. Industrial regions.
|Column A||Column B|
|(1) Evergreen Forest||(a) Dispersed settlement|
|(2) Narmada valley||(b) Major Highway of Brazil|
|(3) Trans Amazonian highway||(c) Coffee production|
|(4) Sao paulo and surrounding region||(d) South Atlantic Ocean|
|(e) Nucleated settlement|
|(f) Amazon river valley|
(1) Identify the rain shadow area of Brazil?
Ans. Rain – shadow area in Brazil lies towards North East of highlands.
(2) Which parallels of latitude pass through Brazil?
Ans. Equator an important latitude passes through Brazil.
(3) Which winds are responsible for the rainfall in India?
Ans. South – West monsoon winds are responsible for the rainfall in India.
(4) By how many hours is Indian time ahead of GMT?
Ans. India is 5 hrs. 30 min. Ahead of GMT.
(5) Where is the world’s largest delta region found?
Ans. The world’s largest delta region is Sundarbans in India.
(2) Amazon river basin
(3) Prot Manaus
(4) The great Escarpment
(5) The best fishing ground in Brazil.
(6) Densely populated region.
(1) Give the relative location of the Nilgiri Hills.
Answer: The relative location of the Nilgiri Hills is at the junction of the Western Ghats and the Eastern Ghats.
(2) Name any two cities from North Indian Plains.
Ans. Two important cities from North Indian plains are Lucknow and Agra.
(3) Write any two west – flowing rivers of India.
Ans. Narmada, Tapi, Mahi, Sabarmati are the West – flowing rivers of India.
(4) In which direction does the height of the Sahyadri hills increase?Answer: The height of the Sahyadri hills increases in the southern direction.
(5) Which two rivers of Indian peninsula form delta region.
Ans. Krishna and Kaveri rivers from delta region in indian peninsula.
(6) Name the peaks shown in Eastern Ghats.
Ans. The peaks shown in Eastern Ghats are (1) mahendragiri (2) Malayagiri.
(1) In which decade the trend of urbanisation was higher in Brazil?
(2) In which decade does the urbanisation in India appear to be rapid?
(3) In which decade is the difference in the percentage of urbanisation in India more?
(1) In the decade 1990 to 2000 trend of urbanization was higher in Brazil.
(2) In the decade 2000 to 2010 urbanization in India appear to be rapid.
(3) In the decade 2000 to 2010 the difference in the percentage of urbanization in India is more.
1) Which country attracted more international tourist in the year 1995?
Answer: India attracted more international tourists in the year 1995.
2) What was the number of International tourists in Brazil in the year 2000?
Ans. The number of tourists in Brazil in the year 2000 was 50 lakhs.
3) In which year can an increase be seen in the number of international tourists in India?
Ans. In 2015 an increase was seen in the number of international tourists in India.
4) What was the number of international tourists in both the countries in 2015?
Ans. In 2015 the number of international tourists in Brazil was 62 lakhs and in India it was 138 lakhs.
5) What was the difference between the numbers in 2015?
Ans. the difference between the no. of international tourists in 2015 was 76 lakhs.
6) What could be the reasons for increase in the number of international tourists in India in 2010?
Ans. Foreign tourists visit india for heritage adventure, cultural health and business tourism. Considering the heritage of India, there are plenty of opportunities for tourisms in man parts of the country.