Chapter 3, Partition Values, fyjc, 11th std, Maharashtra, board, 2021,
Give the correct option:
1.Statements that do not apply to Quartiles.
- First, arrange the values in ascending or descending order.
- Observation can be divided into 4 parts.
- They are represented as Q1, Q2 and Q3.
- Q2 is also known as a median.
- b and c
- a, b and c
- None of these
2.D7 From the given data.
Data – 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 1 1, 12
3.Statements related to partition values that are correct.
- Exact divisions of percentiles into 100 parts gives 99 points
- Deciles have total 9 parts
- Quartiles are shown by Q1, Q2 and Q3
- symbolically, percentiles and Deciles are shown by P and D
- a and c
- a and b
- a, b and c
- a ,c and d
Choose the correct pair:
EX – 2
Give economic term:
1.Procedure for dividing the data into equal parts
2.value that divides the Series into ten equal parts.
3.Value that divides the whole set of observations into four equal parts.
Solve the following
EX – 4
State with reasons whether you agree or disagree with the following statement:
1.Partition values have application only in theory but not in practice.
2.Average can misinterpret the representative value.
3.Median is also known as the second quartile.
Answer the following questions on the basis of the given data :
|No. of Students||4||7||13||8||6|
1) Write the formula of Q1 and Q3.
2) Find out the median of the above data?
3) Find out the cumulative frequency of the last value in the above data.
4) Find out the value of ‘n’ in the above data